Pell Still a Pedophile -
The release of Cardinal George Pell from prison doesn’t mean he is innocent, Pell was free only on a legal technical point. Cardinal Pell has escaped the confines of Barwon Prison in Victoria, Australia after being incarcerated for 405 days. So let the Facts speak.-
1. In June 2002, Cardinal Pell was accused by a Melbourne man of having sexually raped a 12-year-old boy at a Catholic youth camp in 1961, when he, Pell was a young Seminarian.
2. On 20 February 2016, the Herald Sun newspaper reported that Cardinal Pell had been under investigation for the past year by detectives from the Victorian Police over sexual rape allegations involving between 10 boys that occurred between 1978 and 2001 when he was a priest in Ballarat and when he was archbishop of Melbourne.
3. On 29 June 2017, Victoria Police announced they were charging Pell with a series of sexual rape offences with several counts and several victims.
4. In January 2018, one of the accusers, Damian Dignan died after a long illness. Former chief Victorian magistrate Nicholas Papas said that Dignan's death would affect the structure of Pell's court case (the "pool trial"), and stated that in a case of historical child sexual rape it can "seriously affect the case" due to a lack of witnesses.
5. On 5 March 2018 at the committal hearing, which allowed for approximately 50 witnesses to give evidence, including former choirboys. In May 2018, Magistrate Belinda Wallington ruled there was enough evidence to commit Pell to stand trial.
6. On 1 May 2018, Pell was committed to stand trial on several historical sexual offence charges. Magistrate Belinda Wallington concluded that there was enough evidence for the case to proceed on about half of the charges.
7. On 2 May 2018, Pell appeared in the Courts of Victoria, Australia for a direction hearing before Judge Sue Pullen, and it was agreed that he would undergo two separate trials with two separate juries and that the charges would be heard separately for each trial.
Trial 1- Cardinal Pell was to be tried in relation to allegations of sexual offences taking place at St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Melbourne, in 1990. Cardinal Pell's first trial for the allegations of misconduct in St Patrick's Cathedral began in August 2018 under Judge Peter Kidd. However, it ended with the jury unable to reach the unanimous verdict. This necessitated a retrial with a replacement jury. A retrial was conducted, again under Judge Kidd. On 11 December 2018, Pell was convicted on five counts of child sexual rape of two boys in the 1990s. Justice Peter Kidd noted—-
"The offending which the jury has found you have engaged in, was on any view, breathtakingly arrogant. These are all reasonable inferences available once it is assumed, as I must, that this offending actually occurred."
Trial 2- In the first case, and in relation to further allegations taking place at a Ballarat swimming pool in the 1970s.
“The Pool Trial": The prosecution withdraws its case. At the time of Pell's conviction in the "Cathedral Trial", a second trial was pending regarding unrelated allegations that Cardinal Pell sexually raped two boys while throwing them in the air in a Ballarat swimming pool in the late 1970s. Victoria's Director of Public Prosecutions dropped the charges after a judge disallowed the prosecution's submission of evidence from complainants on the grounds that each piece of evidence was not sufficient.
One of the men, Damian Dignan who publicly accused Cardinal George Pell of sexual rape has died from from leukemia.Damian Dignan accused Cardinal Pell of sexually raping him in the pool as a child. Cardinal Pell's barrister, Robert Richter, QC, said during a sentencing submission to the Courts that Cardinal Pell's offending and rape of children was —-
"No more than a plain vanilla sexual penetration case”.
So even his own Barrister believed that Cardinal Pell raped and had raped children. On 11 December 2018 Pell was found guilty on five charges related to sexual rape of two 13-year old boys while Archbishop of Melbourne in the 1990s. On 13 March 2019 Pell was sentenced to six years in prison. What Cardinal Pell’s Lawyers argued in the appeal Court was, that there were three grounds of appeal. Two were procedural or technical:
1. The plea of not guilty was not made in the presence of the jury panel;
2. and the defence was not permitted to play a “visual representation” of part of its argument in its closing address
One of the boys gave evidence against Cardinal Pell, while the second boy died in 2014 from heroin overdose - Remember an interesting point to note in this case is that every court in Australia that heard the victim give evidence, convicted Cardinal Pell. The first court that didn't view that evidence acquitted him. Also the Appeal Court Justices of Australia, all agreed the complainant's evidence was "Compelling".
This will be no comfort to Cardinal Pell or the other cases waiting to be proceeded with, against him. It now appears that over 96% of Australians believe that Cardinal Pell raped the two boys in the Catholic Cathedral in Melbourne. After this ruling -“NO CHILD IS SAFE IN AUSTRALIA or anywhere in the world.
Please note that the High Court decision doesn’t mean that Cardinal Pell is not guilty.The acquittal of Cardinal Pell are not findings of innocence, but decisions that the standard of proof was not met by the evidence as a whole.
Read the full judgement summary from George Pell's successful High Court of Australia appeal-
The corrupt Catholic Patriarchy scores an own goal again. Cardinal George Pell is now hiding out at a Catholic Retreat, a Nuns Sanctuary, another prison, at least the Nuns are safe, no boys are allowed in or near the Catholic Sanctuary. By locking Pell into a Nunnery, the Vatican have effectively thrown Cardinal Pell into another prison. This is the worse possible outcome for the Vatican, it would have been better if Cardinal Pell lost his final court appeal. The damage will be enormous world-wide, already in the eyes of the public, certainly in Australia, Cardinal Pell is guilty and a Pedophile. Make no mistake this is an epic “PR Nightmare” for the Vatican, this ruling of releasing Cardinal Pell on a technical point will have enormous impact, negatively and way beyond Australia.
The rape of children by senior Catholic Bishops is now acceptable with Cardinal Pell’s release. His Campaign and his twisted supporters Campaign for his freedom has backfired, something the Vatican did not want to happen, they wanted him to die as a Martyr, a Cardinal Martyr who suffered persecution and death in prison for the Catholic Church. Now its lays in tatters, millions of dollars of church money wasted to free him, millions of dollars the church didn’t have, collected from the mislead faithful. Cardinal Pell claimed that he underwent severe and constant suffering while in Prison, is a lie, he also claimed that he was a Martyr for his faith and Church. But not anymore, his martyrdom status has been exposed as more lies by a master liar, a man who as a powerful Cardinal, as a priest, and as a student, a very sick man, who raped vulnerable children for a living.
Millions of Apologises by the Pope and others high church officials will not work this time, the stain of child rape will always grace pedophile Cardinal Pell’s demeanour, that stain of child rape can never be removed. The Catholic Church lost big time, and more importantly in the eyes of the world, Cardinal Pell is still a convicted pedophile and the Roman Catholic Church will always cover and protect its fellow pedophiles at any and all cost. This time the costs is way to high. Owen Felix ONeill